How to choose the right institute ?
This is perhaps the most important aspect of deciding a career path in the fashion industry. A detailed study of the institutes offering the courses that you plan to take up is desirable.
The best way is to go through the prospectus very carefully and understand the content of the courses which you are planning to undertake.
Keep the following tips in mind while choosing the right institute for yourself
Which is the most heard of institute for the course you want to do?
- Get hold of the prospectus, website and study both with comb brush details.
- Speak to your friends and even better to the students who have already undergone or are pursuing a course from a particular institute.
- Never give priority to the place the institute is situated.
- Do not look for easy ways out. Sometimes, we might find two or more institutes offering the same course. Dig deeper, talk to the faculty, students, industry folks and then decide.
- Give priority to the right institute for yourself.
- Analyze your long term goals. The institute that you choose today, should benefit and give you directions according to your plans.
When we speak on this topic to students who are now working in the industry after having undergone any courses from one or the other design institute, they really feel that the choice of the correct course from a good institute is the most important factor in their career growth. Most of them feel that the effort which is required to be put in getting that course in that institute of your choice is worth it. Even if it means spending an extra year just preparing for the entrance exam. One year at this point might give you a successful career if you get focused and aim at what you really really want !